Local Crimes: Strong-Arm Robbery, Vehicle Theft, Graffiti
Crimes happening in or near Chevy Chase.
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Aug. 13 and Aug. 21. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred at Wisconsin Avenue and Davidson Drive, Bethesda, on Monday, Aug. 20, at about 1:30 a.m. Three to five teenage suspects assaulted a victim and obtained property off of the victim.
- A residential burglary was attempted in the 3700 block of Bradley Lane, Bethesda, on Friday, Aug. 17, at about 10:40 p.m. There was an attempted forced entry, but nothing was taken.
- A vehicle theft occurred at Woodmont and Wisconsin avenues, Bethesda, on Wednesday, Aug. 15, at about 2 p.m. The suspect is a white man, 47 to 53 years old, and 5 feet, 7 inches tall.
- A residential burglary was attempted in the 4800 block of Falstone Avenue, Chevy Chase, between Saturday, Aug. 18, and Monday, Aug. 20. There was an attempted forced entry, but nothing was taken.
- Graffiti was left on the side of the McDonald's building at 5214 River Rd., Bethesda, on Tuesday, Aug. 21, between 1 and 4 a.m.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.