Major Intersections Remain Dark Monday
Fire and Rescue release preliminary list of major intersections with traffic lights out of power.
Following Friday's fierce storms, about 240 traffic lights remained out of power in Montgomery County as of 5:30 a.m. Monday morning, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.
That number had dropped from around 400 reported Sunday night.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue has released a preliminary list of major intersections still in the dark:
- Connecticut Avenue (MD185) and Randolph Road
- Connecticut Avenue (MD185) and Veirs Mill Rd (MD586)
- Cabin John Parkway and MacArthur Boulevard
- Colesville Road (US29) and University Boulevard East (MD193) (Four Corners)
- Georgia Avenue (MD97) at Columbia Boulevard and Seminary Road
Forest Glen Road (MD192) and Georgia Avenue (MD97)
- Jones Bridge Road and Rockville Pike (MD355)
- River Road (MD190) and Wilson Lane(MD188)
- Little Falls Parkway and River Road (MD190)
- Democracy Boulevard and Old Georgetown Road (MD187)
- East Gude Drive and West Gude Drive at Frederick Road (MD355)
Officials warned of a commuting nightmare Monday, with delays predicted on roads and Metro. State transportation officials are reminding drivers to treat all intersections as four-way stops.
Where are you seeing dark intersections? Let us know in the comments.