PHOTOS: Marylanders at GOP Convention in Tampa
From delegates to residents of "Romneyville," Marylanders show up for the Republican National Convention that opens Monday in Tampa as Tropical Storm Isaac bears down.
- August 27, 2012
The Republican National Convention kicks off Monday in Tampa with a new schedule due to the threat from Tropical Storm Isaac, which has the potential to become a Category 2 hurricane later this week.
Maryland Republicans were drawn to Tampa despite the weather, and other Marylanders took an oppositional stance to the gathering of the GOP leadership for the official nomination of presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan.
Patch will have blanket coverage. Check out our blog from the youngest delegate at the convention, Evan Draim of Virginia, whom you may have seen and heard in local news interviews last week. His convention speech was in jeopardy due to schedue changes resulting from the storm.
And, check out the photos of Marylanders in Tampa within this article.
Photos provided by Capital News Service. Click on photos for caption, credit information.
See More on Patch
- Young Bethesdan Kicks Off Campaign to Run for District Delegate
- Poll: Americans Support Death Penalty For Terrorists
- Death Penalty Proponents Push for 2014 Referendum
- Will O'Malley Run for President? He'll Let You Know Next Year
- Report: Montgomery Council President on Shortlist for Lt. Governor's Running Mate
Most Popular articles
- Peapod Pickup to Replace Chevy Chase Lake Sunoco
- Benny's Bar and Grill Opens in Cabin John
- Box Bar Not Re-Opening After All
- Bethesda, Chevy Chase Crime: Commercial, Residential Burglaries; Thefts from Vehicles
- Foodie News: 90-Year-Old Restaurant Closes, Restaurant List Announced for Hometown Holidays