This Weekend: What To Know If You’re Taking Metro
Red Line trains will single-track through Farragut North.
Planning on hopping the Red Line this weekend? Here’s a few things you need to know, according to WMATA:
- Between 10 p.m. Friday and closing Sunday, trains will be single-tracking between Dupont Circle and Judiciary Square as Metro crews work to stabilize a water main that runs through the mezzanine at Farragut North station. Trains will run about every 20 minutes through the work zone.
- Between 9:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, trains will run about every 10 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont. Every other train from Shady Grove will turn back at Dupont Circle, and every other train leaving from Glenmont will turn back at Union Station.
- The last train leaving Glenmont will depart at 2:26 a.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 11:26 p.m. on Sunday – 11 minutes earlier than usual.
- Red line riders should tack on about 30 minutes to their travel time and expect crowding.
- Additional work is planned on the Orange, Blue, Green and Yellow Lines. Check Metro’s press release for more information.