This Weekend: What To Know If You’re Taking Metro
Expect delays on the Red Line.
Planning on hopping the Red Line this weekend? Here’s a few things to know, according to WMATA:
- Trains will be single tracking between Dupont Circle and Judiciary Square from 10 p.m. Friday through closing Sunday as crews work to stabilize a water main and sewer line within the Farragut North Station.
- From 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, Red Line trains will leave every 10 minutes from Shady Grove and Glenmont. Every other train leaving from Shady Grove will end at Dupont Circle, and every other train leaving from Glenmont will end at Union Station. Outside of those times, trains will leave about every 20 minutes from Shady Grove and Glenmont.
- Trains running through the work zone between Dupont Circle and Judiciary Square will run about 20 minutes in each direction.
- The last trains from Glenmont will leave at 2:26 a.m. Friday and Saturday and at 11:26 p.m. on Sunday – 11 minutes earlier than usual.
- Red Line riders should tack on an additional 30 minutes of travel time and expect crowding.
- Major track work is also planned for the Blue, Yellow and Orange lines this weekend. Crystal City, National Airport and Braddock Road stations will be closed and buses will replace trains. For more information, check Metro's press release.