This Weekend: What To Know If You're Taking Metro
Expect delays on the other side of the Red Line.
If you’re planning on hopping the Red Line this weekend, here’s a few important things to know, according to WMATA:
- On the other side of the Red Line, free shuttle buses will replace trains between Fort Totten and Glenmont.
- Takoma, Silver Spring, Forest Glen, Wheaton and Glenmont stations will be closed for maintenance work as Metro personnel works on 12 elevators and 7 escalators and installs communications cables to enhance cell phone coverage. Metro will also be installing new rail and replacing ties and fasteners.
- One shuttle bus route will service Fort Totten, Takoma and Silver Spring, and another will service all closed stations.
- Those traveling through the work zone should add another 45 minutes to their commute.
- Red Line service will operate as usual between Fort Totten and Shady Grove.
- There will also be single-tracking in portions of the Blue Line and Orange Line.
For future trip planning, be sure to check out Metro’s recently released major track work calendar.