Invite a friend
Free Thursday English Conversation Club 2012-2013
Free Thursday English Conversation Club 2012-2013Is English your second language?
If so, welcome to the FREE Thursday English Conversation Club at the Bethesda Library!
Practice your American English in everyday life contexts. Talk with other people from around the world in an informal class. Improve your accent and increase your confidence. This is a FREE chance for you to talk in small groups of five or six people. People will come from around the world! There are English-speaking volunteers to help keep the conversation going. We laugh out loud! Past topics include the Oscars & Classic Movies, the Super Bowl & Watching Sports on TV, and Flag Day & National Anthems. Come as often as you like. No registration is required. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library, Bethesda Chapter, since 2003.
|Where||Bethesda Library 7400 Arlington Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814|
|Time||1:00 pm–3:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Bethesda Library
The Bethesda Library, located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, dates back to 1931. It has been housed at its current Arlington Road location since 1976 and features a meeting room, a study room, 22 computers, free Wi-Fi, an extensive book collection and periodicals.
Other events here
- Free Wednesday English Conversation Club 2012-2013 Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Dream of the Red Chamber Book Discussion Tue, Jun 18, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Financial Summer Boot Camp for Girls ages 11-17! Mon, Jul 8, 9:30 am
- Stendhal's The Red and the Black Book Discussion Tue, Jul 16, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- The Crime of Father Amaro Book Discussion Tue, Aug 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Free Wednesday English Conversation Club 2013-2014 Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Flannery O'Connor's The Violent Bear It Away Book Discussion Tue, Sep 17, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Sense and Sensibility Book Discussion Tue, Oct 15, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- The Moonstone Book Discussion Tue, Nov 19, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm