Invite a friend
Friday Foray: Seneca Creek State Park
Enjoy a 3.7 mile hike on the Lake Shore Trail around Clopper Lake in Seneca Creek State Park. Bring a pair of binoculars and we’ll search for winter waterfowl and woodland birds. The hike is on natural surface trails with uneven terrain, so wear sturdy shoes. Meet in the parking lot for the Recycled Tire Playground in Seneca Creek State Park. Register at www.ParkPASS.org.
|Where||Locust Grove Nature Center 7777 Democracy Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20817|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||10:00 am–12:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
More About Locust Grove Nature Center
Locust Grove Nature center is an educational environment for both children and adults. The center offers hiking trails, gardens and nature exhibits throughout the year. Educational programs include naturalist training, bugs and slugs exploring, compass and map training and nature movies. Locust Grove also holds an annual photography exhibit called Portraits of Nature.
Other events here
- All About Birds Tue, May 21, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Tuesday in the Park March 12, 2013 / March 26, 2013 / April 9, 2013 / April 23, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 21, 2013, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Rock, Skip, and Jump Wed, May 22, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Tot Time: Bugs, Bugs, and More Bugs Wed, May 29, 10:15 am–11:00 am
- Bats! Fri, May 31, 8:00 pm–9:00 pm