Invite a friend
Teens: Meet Author Lauren Oliver at the Bethesda Library
Young adult novelist, Lauren Oliver discusses her Delirium Series!
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing.
They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
Copies of her books will be available for purchase and signingafter the program. A percentage of the proceeds willbenefit the Friends of the Library, Bethesda Chapter.
Before I Fall, Delirium (the first book in the Delirium trilogy), and Liesl and Po, a book for middle grade readers are just a few of her books...Pandemonium, the second book in the Delirium series, comes out in March 2012, and a second middle grade novel called The Spindlers is due out in Fall 2012.
"Oliver writes beautifully, with well-measured mastery. The references to The Book of Shhh and The Safety, Health and Happiness Handbook, 12th edition, are exquisitely artful touches." – NPR’S “HOORAY FOR YA: TEEN NOVELS FOR READERS OF ALL AGES”
To request ADA program accommodation, contact: The Bethesda Library7400 Arlington Road, Bethesda MD 20814 240-777-0970; TTY 301-657-0840 five working days in advance.
|Where||Bethesda Library 7400 Arlington Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||5:00 pm–7:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Teens|
More About Bethesda Library
The Bethesda Library, located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, dates back to 1931. It has been housed at its current Arlington Road location since 1976 and features a meeting room, a study room, 22 computers, free Wi-Fi, an extensive book collection and periodicals.
Other events here
- Middlemarch Book Discussion Today, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Free Wednesday English Conversation Club 2012-2013 Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Free Thursday English Conversation Club 2012-2013 Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Dream of the Red Chamber Book Discussion Tue, Jun 18, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Financial Summer Boot Camp for Girls ages 11-17! Mon, Jul 8, 9:30 am
- Stendhal's The Red and the Black Book Discussion Tue, Jul 16, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- The Crime of Father Amaro Book Discussion Tue, Aug 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Free Wednesday English Conversation Club 2013-2014 Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Flannery O'Connor's The Violent Bear It Away Book Discussion Tue, Sep 17, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Sense and Sensibility Book Discussion Tue, Oct 15, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm