Beyond food, though, there are other discounts, like these:
- Irons Fitness, at 7700 Wisconsin Ave., in the Bethesda Place courtyard, is offering free personal training sessions to those affected by the government shutdown. Interested furloughed federal employees, military or government contractors are welcome to call the studio at 301-530-9236 to schedule a training session. "All of us at Irons Fitness understand the impact the government shutdown is having on our friends and neighbors in the Bethesda area. We want to help in the best way we know possible—by giving the gift of fitness. Any furloughed employees can come in for free personal training sessions until the furlough is over," Irons Fitness owner Nick Irons said.
- Bethesda's Ninotch urban retreat (8301 Wisconsin Ave.) is offering $15 off its antioxidant Pomegranate and Fig Massage for federal government workers all week.
- The Music Center at Strathmore is offering $20 tickets to four October performances—comedian Bill Engvall on Sunday, Oct. 6; Sutton Foster on Saturday, Oct. 12; Les Violons du Roy with Stephanie Blythe on Tuesday, Oct. 15; and Dianne Reeves on Friday, Oct. 18—to federal and military employees impacted by the government shutdown. More information is available on Strathmore's website.
- The Bethesda Row Cinema (7235 Woodmont Ave.) will take $1 off the price of select beers, wines and cocktails for federal government workers with ID while the shutdown lasts.
- Circle Yoga (3838 Northampton St., NW) in Chevy Chase, DC, is offering yoga classes to furloughed federal government employees (with ID) this week, Washingtonian reported.
- At Bethesda's Playseum (7000 Wisconsin Ave.)—a great place to take the kids if everyone is stuck at home all day—federal workers receive one free admission with government ID, according to a Facebook post.
- Roundhouse Theatre is offering a two-for-one ticket deal to furloughed workers. Order online using code "shutdown." See the theater's website for more information.
- And, Potomac Pilates (at The Shops at Wisconsin Place) is offering furloughed government employees two free classes. To register for the classes, register for an account at PotomacPilates.net, then email email@example.com and indicate your position and department, Washingtonian reported.
What did we leave out? Tell us in the comments.