If you’re planning on hopping the Red Line this weekend, expect more delays and more maintenance work. Here’s a few important things to know, according to WMATA:
- Trains will be single-tracking between Dupont Circle and Judiciary Square in order for Metro workers to conduct maintenance work.
- Between 9:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, trains will be running about every 10 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont. Every other train leaving Shady Grove station will terminate at Dupont Circle, and every other train leaving Glenmont will terminate at Union Station.
- Outside of the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, trains will depart about every 20 minutes and may be delayed because of single-tracking.
- The last train from Glenmont will leave at 2:26 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights and at 11:26 p.m. on Sunday—11 minutes earlier than usual.
- All Red Line riders should tack on 30 minutes to their anticipated travel time.
For future trip planning, be sure to check out Metro’s recently released major track work calendar. Metro will soon begin temporarily closing stations or clusters of stations over the weekend to speed up their maintenance work schedule.
The first weekend station closure in the Montgomery County area of the Red Line is slated for August 6-7, when buses will replace trains between Bethesda and Rockville.