- An aggravated assault occurred in the 4800 block of Leland Street, Bethesda, on Monday, July 15, at 5 a.m. The suspect was known to the victim. A 19-year-old man from Bethesda was arrested in connection with the incident, according to the crime summary.
- A theft occurred in the 4800 block of Bethesda Avenue, Bethesda, on Saturday, July 20, at 3 p.m.
- Six thefts from vehicles were reported this week during the evening and overnight hours in the Somerset and Friendship Heights areas. Some of the vehicles were left unlocked, while others were entered by force. Purses, cell phones, GPS units, laptops, jewelry and vehicle parts were among the items taken. Streets affected include: The Hills Plaza, Highland Drive, Friendship Boulevard, Butler Road, Brookes Lane and Saratoga Avenue in Bethesda.
- A GPS unit was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in the 8500 block of Rayburn Road in Bethesda on Tuesday, July 16, between 3 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Thefts from three vehicles parked in the parking lot at the YMCA in the 9400 block of Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, took place on Sunday, July 21, between 7:15 and 8 p.m. Cash, checks and cell phones were taken. One of the vehicles had been left unlocked, while the other two were forcefully entered.
If you have questions about this post, email firstname.lastname@example.org.