The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Sept. 23 and Oct. 1. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 8500 block of Freyman Drive in Chevy Chase on Tuesday, Sept. 24, at about 12:45 p.m. There was a forced entry, and property was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 4700 block of Merivale Road in Chevy Chase during the night between Monday, Sept. 23, and Tuesday, Sept. 24. Two bicycles were taken from an open garage.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 4600 block of De Russey Parkway in Chevy Chase on Sunday, Sept. 29, at about 5:15 a.m. There was no forced entry, and property was taken.
Thefts from vehicles:
- Six thefts from vehicles occurred in North Bethesda during this time. Five occurred during the daytime hours in commercial parking lots along Rockville Pike and Security Lane. Most of these events involved forced entry into the vehicles. A 16-year-old man from Washington, DC, was arrested.
- Two thefts from vehicles occurred in the 5600 block of River Road in Bethesda on Monday, Sept. 30, between 11:50 p.m. and 1:10 p.m. There was no forced entry, and cash was taken.
If you have questions about this post, email firstname.lastname@example.org.