The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Aug. 26 and Sept. 3, and in its summary for Sept. 2 through 10. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the 400 block of Deerfield Avenue in Silver Spring on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 12:11 a.m. The suspect is known to the victim.
- A sexual assault occurred near Rockville Pike and Tuckerman Lane in North Bethesda during the early morning hours of Saturday, Sept. 7. The suspect is known to the victim.
- A robbery occurred in the 10400 block of Auto Park Avenue in Bethesda on Wednesday, Sept. 4, at about 3 p.m. The suspects forcefully removed property from the victim, then fled.
- A commercial burglary occurred at 4340 East West Highway in Bethesda during the night between Tuesday, Aug. 27, and Wednesday, Aug. 28. Unknown entry; property taken.
- A commercial robbery occurred at Secolari, 7249 Woodmont Ave. in Bethesda, on Wednesday, Sept. 4, around 3 a.m. The suspect assaulted the victim and obtained property.
- A commercial burglary occurred at Liberty Gas Station, 8550 Connecticut Ave. in Chevy Chase, on Thursday, Sept. 5, at about 1:30 a.m. Forced entry; property taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 5800 block of Brookside Drive in Bethesda on Friday, Aug. 30, between 10:20 and 11:30 a.m. No forced entry; it is unknown what was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 9500 block of Kentstone Drive in Bethesda on Wednesday, Aug. 28, between 10:10 and 11 a.m. Forced entry; property taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 5300 block of Ventnor Road in Bethesda between 9 and 10 p.m. Attempted forced entry; nothing taken.
- A vehicle theft occurred in the 7500 block of Spring Lake Drive in Bethesda during the early morning hours of Thursday, Aug. 29.
Thefts from vehicles:
- Two thefts from vehicles occurred in the 5700 block of Marinelli Road in North Bethesda between 3:50 and 5:30 p.m. on both Tuesday, Aug. 27, and Wednesday, Aug. 28. Entry was forced into one vehicle and a laptop case was taken.
- Nine thefts from vehicles occurred on Englishman Drive and Grosvenor Place in North Bethesda overnight from Monday, Sept. 9, to Tuesday, Sept. 10. Forced entry; vehicle parts taken.
- Five thefts from vehicles occurred in the Westgate and Brookdale residential neighborhoods. Incidents all occurred during overnight hours (between Sept. 2 and 3 or between Sept. 3 and 4). Vehicles were left unlocked; cash and electronics were targeted.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.