The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Dec. 30 and Jan. 7. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred in the 10400 block of Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda on Tuesday, Dec. 31, at 5 p.m. The suspects assaulted the victim and obtained property.
- A commercial burglary occurred at the Bank of America at 6708 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at about 3:15 a.m. There was a forced entry, but nothing was taken.
- A commercial burglary occurred at Goodyear Tire (12103 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda) on Saturday, Jan. 4, at 2:24 a.m. There was a forced entry, and it is unknown if anything was taken.
- A commercial burglary occurred at Luna Apparel (7232 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda) on Thursday, Jan. 2, at 6:45 p.m. The means of entry is unknown, and property was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 5600 block of Kirkside Drive in Chevy Chase on Saturday, Jan. 4, at about 4:30 a.m. Attempted forced entry; nothing taken.
Thefts from vehicles:
- Five thefts from vehicles occurred in the 1800 block of East-West Highway in Silver Spring between 12:30 and 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 4. Entry into the vehicles was forced, and cash was taken.
- Four vehicle-related thefts occurred during the night between Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 30 and 31, on Albemarle Street, Blackstone Road and Duvall Drive, Bethesda. Three of the vehicles were entered without force. Purses and loose cash were targeted.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.