The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. The mention of arrests or charges does not indicate a conviction.
The has released a summary of major crimes occurring in the second district between July 9 and July 17. The following crimes in Bethesda were included in the summary:
- A car was stolen from the parking lot of a gym in the 4400 block of Montgomery Avenue between 2:45 and 6 p.m., according to police spokeswoman Angela Cruz. A suspect stole a victim’s gym bag from the locker room, which contained car keys, and stole the victim’s car from the lot, Cruz said. The car contained valuables including a laptop, a camera and golf clubs, Cruz said. According to a police crime summary, a 48-year-old man from Washington, DC, was arrested.
- A home was burglarized in the 8000 block of Park Lane sometime between 11 a.m. ad 6 p.m. Property was stolen, but it wasn’t known how the home was accessed.
- A home was burglarized in the 6700 block of Tomlinson Terrace in Cabin John between 11:30 a.m. and noon. There was attempted forced entry into the home and nothing was stolen.
- A home was burglarized in the 6000 block of Folkstone Road sometime between 3:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. There was forced entry into the home and property was stolen.
- A home was burglarized in the 4500 block of Delmont Lane sometime between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. There was unforced entry into the home and property was stolen.
- A commercial burglary happened in the overnight hours from Monday, July 16, into Tuesday, July 17, at IPlay and Talk at 7101 Democracy Boulevard. There were no signs of forced entry and it wasn’t clear whether anything was stolen.