The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. The mention of arrests or charges does not indicate a conviction.
The has released a summary of major crimes occurring in the second district between July 16 and July 25. The following crimes in Bethesda were included in the summary:
- Multiple thefts from vehicles were reported in neighborhoods in Cabin John, Glen Echo and Somerset throughout the week. Two vehicles were found with broken windows; the rest had either been left unsecured or there were no signs of forced entry.
- Two homes were burglarized in the 4900 block of Battery Lane. One burglary happened sometime during the daytime hours of Wednesday, July 18. There was forced entry into the home and property was stolen. The second burglary occurred sometime between the morning of Wednesday, July 18 and the afternoon of Thursday, July 19. There was unforced entry into the home and property was stolen.
- Eight thefts from vehicles were reported, primarily in the overnight hours between Thursday, July 19, and Friday, July 20. Most of the thefts happened along Bradley Boulevard and Fairfax Road in Bethesda. Three of the vehicles were left unlocked and the others were entered by force. Items stolen included GPS units, laptops, cameras, and radios.
- A victim was assaulted during a strong-arm robbery that happened on the Capital Crescent Trail near Wisconsin Avenue around 8 p.m. A similar crime was reported earlier in July. Reached Monday, a police spokeswoman wasn’t aware of arrests in the case.
- A commercial burglary happened at Splunt, 7700 Wisconsin Avenue, around 7:45 a.m. There was unknown means of entry into the business. Property was stolen.
- An attempted residential burglary happened in the 6300 block of Lenox Drive in the overnight hours from Sunday, July 22, to Monday, July 23. There was attempted forced entry into the home. Nothing was stolen.
- A home was burglarized in the 5100 block of Waukesha Road around 5 p.m. Nothing was stolen and it was unknown how the home was entered.