The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between March 4 and 19. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- An attempted commercial burglary occurred at Smartlink, 6001 Wisconsin Ave., Chevy Chase, on Friday, March 8, at 1:30 p.m. The attempted forced entry was unsuccessful.
- Multiple thefts from vehicles occurred in the Rosemary Hills area of Chevy Chase and Silver Spring. A suspect was arrested on Monday, March 18, at about 1:45 a.m., after a witness saw the suspect looking in vehicle windows and trying vehicle doors. A 27-year-old male from Washington, DC, was arrested in connection with the witnessed incidents.
- Multiple thefts from vehicles occurred in the Bethesda-Friendship Heights beat. Half of the vehicles had been left unsecured; the rest were found with broken windows. Incidents occurred both during the day and during the night; no suspects were noted. Affected streets included: the 5300 block of Western Avenue, the 4600 block of N. Park Avenue, the 5000 block of Earlson Drive and the 5400 block of Newport Avenue.
- Graffiti was painted on the side of a vehicle in the 4500 block of Drummond Avenue, Chevy Chase, during the night between Friday and Saturday, March 15 and 16.
- Graffiti was painted on the exterior wall of Rock Creek Forest Elementary School (8330 Grubb Rd., Chevy Chase) between Tuesday, March 5, and Thursday, March 7.
Graffiti has been painted on property at the school before:
- Graffiti was painted in the playground area of the school on Wednesday or Thursday, Jan. 9 or 10, 2013.
- Graffiti tags were noted on recycling bins in the parking lot of the school on Monday, Nov. 12, 2012.
- A graffiti incident occurred at the school between Friday, Dec. 16, and Monday, Dec. 19, 2011.
- Graffiti was painted on playground equipment at the school between Tuesday, April 12, and Thursday, April 14, 2011.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.