.

Children's Inn Evacuated After Gas Leak

No one injured, Fire and Rescue report.

Update, 4:19p.m.: A spokeswoman for the Children's Inn confirmed the residents and staff are unharmed and are back in the building.

Original Post: The was evacuated Tuesday afternoon after a gas leak on the NIH campus, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue.

The Inn is a residence for sick children and their families who have traveled to Bethesda to receive treatment at NIH.

Rescuers were dispatched around 3:43p.m., according to Fire and Rescue spokesman Capt. Oscar Garcia, and the gas was shut off to the building less than 10 minutes later.

The occupants of the building were evacuated as a precaution, and no one was injured, Garcia said.

It wasn't immediately clear how the leak happened.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something