The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Jan. 6 and 13. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the 10700 block of Connecticut Avenue in Bethesda on Saturday, Jan. 11, just after 2 a.m. The suspects are known to the victim.
- A bank robbery occurred at the Bank of America at 4411 S. Park Ave., Chevy Chase, on Monday, Jan. 13, at 4:30 p.m. The suspect implied he had a weapon, then he obtained property and fled.
- A bank robbery occurred at the Capital One Bank at 7340 Westlake Terrace, Bethesda, on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at about 9:10 a.m. The suspect threatened the victim with a weapon and obtained property.
- A theft occurred at the Giant supermarket at 12051 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, on Wednesday, Jan. 8, between 3:30 and 4 p.m. The suspect removed property from the unknowing victim.
- A theft occurred in the 5400 block of Wisconsin Avenue in Chevy Chase on Friday, Jan. 10, at 1:45 p.m. The suspect took property from the unknowing victim.
- A commercial burglary occurred at Luna Apparel (7232 Woodmont Ave., Bethesda) on Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 6:13 a.m. There was a forced entry, and it is unknown what was taken.
- A commercial burglary occurred at Democracy International (7600 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda) during the night between Thursday and Friday, Jan. 9 and 10. There was a forced entry, and property was taken.
- A burglary occurred at the Landon School (6101 Wilson Ln., Bethesda) during the night between Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 8 and 9. The entry is unknown, and property was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 8600 block of Split Oak Circle in Bethesda between Wednesday, Jan. 8, and Monday, Jan. 13. There was an attempted forced entry, and nothing was taken.
Thefts from vehicles:
- Three thefts from vehicles occurred in the 4100 block of Leland Street in Chevy Chase during the night between between Wednesday, Jan. 8, and Thursday, Jan. 9. There was no forced entry into the vehicles, and loose valuables—including an iPod and gloves—were taken.
- Two thefts from vehicles occurred in the unit block of Westmoreland Circle in Bethesda on Thursday, Jan. 9, between 2:15 and 5:20 p.m. The vehicles were forced open, and a purse, an iPhone and cash were taken.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.