The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department in its summary of major crimes occurring in the county between Oct. 1 and 9. The mention of an arrest or charge does not indicate a conviction.
- An aggravated assault occurred at Bloomingdale’s (5300 Western Ave., Chevy Chase) on Monday, Oct. 8, at 5:15 p.m. A shoplifter assaulted the arresting officer. An 18-year-old man from Washington, DC, has been arrested.
- A sexual assault occurred in the 4900 block of Fairmont Avenue, Bethesda, between 9:49 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 4, and 1:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 5. The suspect is known to the victim.
- Multiple nighttime thefts from vehicles occurred in or near Chevy Chase, mostly between Tuesday, Oct. 2, and Wednesday, Oct. 3. All but one of the incidents involved entry into a vehicle without any signs of force. The vehicles were searched, and cash, clothing and assorted loose items left inside the vehicles were taken. Multiple victims, however, reported that nothing was taken from their vehicles. The affected blocks included the 4100 block of Leland Street in Chevy Chase, the 7700 and 7800 blocks of Rocton Avenue in Chevy Chase, the 8400 block of Donneybrook Drive in Silver Spring, the 3400 block of Woolsey Drive in Chevy Chase, the 3300 block of Shirley Lane in Chevy Chase, the 2600 block of East-West Highway in Silver Spring and the 6900 block of Woodside Place in Chevy Chase.
- Two other thefts from vehicles occurred in the 4300 block of Lynbrook Drive, Bethesda. One of the incidents occurred during the night between Wednesday, Oct. 3, and Thursday, Oct. 4. The other incident occurred in the early morning hours of Friday, Oct. 5. Neither incident involved a forced entry. GPS units, cash and other loose items were taken from glove boxes and trunks.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 5100 block of Cammack Drive, Bethesda, on Saturday, Oct. 6, at about noon. There was a forced entry, and property was taken.
- A graffiti incident occurred in the 5700 block of Gloster Road, Bethesda, during the night between Tuesday, Oct. 2, and Wednesday, Oct. 3. Two vehicles parked in a residential driveway were vandalized.
- A graffiti incident occurred in the 7100 block of Whittier Boulevard, Bethesda, on Thursday, Oct. 4, between 8:50 a.m. and 5:50 p.m.
- A graffiti incident occurred in the 5600 block of Oakmont Avenue, Bethesda, between Friday, Oct. 5, and Monday, Oct. 8.
If you have questions about this post, email email@example.com.