Next week, Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett will begin a series of public forums on the 2015 operating budget.
The forum—scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6 at BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown—is the first of five such forums scheduled throughout the county.
Leggett said he uses the input he gets from public budget forums to help him set priorities.
Leggett will formally submit a budget to the Montgomery County Council on March 17. The County Council will approve the operating budget at the end of May.
The budget forums begin at 7 p.m. are scheduled for:
- Monday, Jan. 6, BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown.
- Monday, Jan. 13, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring.
- Monday, Jan. 27, Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Road, Silver Spring.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place, Silver Spring.