What's on your menu this Super Bowl Sunday on Feb. 3? No doubt, Perry Hallers will be serving up plenty of spicy wings and savory dips as Ravens fans scream (we hope with joy) at the television.
Do you have a favorite crowd-pleasing recipe to share with the community? Copy and paste the instructions for your favorite dish or leave a link in the comments. Post a photo in the gallery, as well.
In the meantime, here's a family favorite from my kitchen, adapted (I think, perfected) from Knorr. My version has more veggies, lighter mayo and smokey bacon.
Creamy Bacon Spinach Dip
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix (found in most Perry Hall grocery stores among the soup mixes or salad dressings)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2-3 stalks green onion finely chopped
- 4 slices crisp bacon, crumbled or chopped up (microwaving the bacon slices on high for two minutes saves a greasy mess)
Make sure the spinach is fully thawed and all excess water has been drained. Combine all ingredients in a bowl using a spoon (do not use an electric mixer or food processor) and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
Serve with two sliced long baguettes or a bag of pita chips or crackers. It's also great with raw vegetables. Enjoy!