Asburton Elementary School
Ashburton Elementary School, located along Lone Oak Drive in Bethesda, is a public elementary school that serves over 700 students. The school services students in grades Kindergarten through 5, along with a pre-school program designed for students with special needs. Ashburton feeds into North Bethesda middle school and Walter Johnson high school. Ashburton is a Maryland green school, which means it's been recognized for its efforts to promote sustainability. The school was originally constructed in 1957.
- Hours: 8:30a.m. - 4:30p.m.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 730
- Male-to-female ratio: 57 percent male; 42 percent female
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 43
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students often conduct community outreach and the school has a special partnership with Suburban Hospital. Students raise money and make gifts and crafts for children in Suburban's pediatric ward.
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Student clubs: Clubs include environmental groups, Spanish, yoga, and a TV show produced by 5th graders.