Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School is a co-educational public school that serves nearly 1850 students in grades 9 through 12. The school, which has been ranked amongst the top high schools in the country, offers an International Baccalaureate diploma program and extensive advanced placement course options. Classes include foreign language, art, math, music, social studies and science. Extensive student clubs and athletic teams are also available. B-CC offers ESOL and caters to students with special needs. The school dates back to 1934.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1850
- Male-to-female ratio: 50 percent male; 50 percent female
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 105
- How engaged is the school with the community?: B-CC students often take on community service activities, including those benefitting local charities like Martha's Table and a Wider Circle. Students also fundraise for international relief efforts.
- What makes this community special?: The small-town feel, even though it's close to a major city.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Yes
- Student clubs: B-CC offers an extensive variety of student clubs including kayaking, math, skateboarding, stock trading and badminton, to name just a few.
- Sports teams: B-CC features many sports teams including football, wrestling, indoor track, gymnastics, softball and lacrosse.