Bradley Hills Elementary School
Bradley Hills Elementary School, located along Hartsdale Avenue in Bethesda, is a county elementary school that serves children in grades kindergarten through five. The school has also teamed up with the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission to organize a community garden on M-NCPPC property adjacent to the school. The school provides special education, and students often engage in service projects.
- Fax: 301-571-6969
- Hours: 8:30am - 3:05pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1941
- Number of students: 485
- Male-to-female ratio: 52 percent male; 48 percent female
- Public/Private: Private
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students regularly take part in community service activitie including a mini-walk for the homeless, Pennies for Patients and Jump Rope for Heart, which benefits the American Heart Association.
- What makes this community special?: The strong sense of community, even though Bethesda is in the heart of the National Capital Region.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: The school's PTA sponsors sports events after school.
- Student clubs: The school features several clubs including a student government association.