Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historic Park
Originally, the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal was a lifeline for communities and businesses along the Potomac River as coal, lumber, grain and other agricultural products were transported down the 184-mile waterway to market. The park features numerous visitor areas, walking trails and educational programs.
- Fax: 301-739-5275
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Benches
- Services: Food/drink, Gift shop, Ranger, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: http://www.nps.gov/choh/planyourvisit/permits.htm
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Numerous factories purchased water from the canal to power water-driven machinery such as water wheels.
- Guided tour languages: English
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual