Holton-Arms School is an independent school for girls, serving grades three through twleve. It is located on River Road in Bethesda. It is named for founders Jessie Moon Holton and Carolyn Arms. The school dates to 1901 and moved from Washington, D.C., to Bethesda in 1963. The school's is "I shall find a way or make one." Educators there seek to develop students' soul and spirit, alongside promoting academic acheivement.
- Fax: 301-365-6093
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 640
- Male-to-female ratio: 100 percent female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Maryland Schools; Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools; State of Maryland
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 97
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students engage regularly in community service, including visiting local senior living communities and cooking for area soup kitchens.
- What makes this community special?: The well-educated population and the opportunities for educational enrichment in the community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: 3-12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Holton-Arms offers 15 sports including swimming and diving, crew, ice hockey, soccer, cross-country, volleyball, tennis and lacrosse
- Uniforms: Yes
- Boarding: No
- Advanced placement courses: Yes