L'Academie de Cuisine
L'Academie de Cuisine offers recreational cooking classes at its Bethesda location and professional culinary and pastry arts classes at its Gaithersburg location. Founded by chef Francois Dionot in 1976, L'Academie offers instruction in a range of skills, from vegetarian cooking and pizza-making to cake-decorating and barbeque. In Bethesda, aspiring chefs can choose from demonstration classes or participation classes. Classes are available for chefs of all skill levels; nearly 1,000 are offered throughout the year. In the evenings and on weekends, parking is available at nearby Bethesda Elementary School.
- Fax: 301-670-0450
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 1pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 5,000
- Male-to-female ratio: Varies
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Maryland Higher Education Commission; Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20:1
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: L'Academie de Cuisine participates in local festivals, including the Taste of Bethesda. The school also hosts special events and contributes meals to local charities.
- What makes this community special?: People in Bethesda are well-educated and involved in their community.