Little Flower School
Little Flower School is a Roman Catholic parochial school in Bethesda, serving children in grades kindergarten through eight. The school is associated with the Little Flower Parish, and the school, church and rectory are all located on Little Flower's Massachusetts Avenue campus. Founded in 1953, the school has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon school of excellence. It has been headed for 15 years by Sr. Rosemaron Rynn, who has been recognized by the National Catholic Educational Association and the Archdiocese of Washington as a principal of the year.
- Fax: 301-320-2867
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Number of students: 285
- Male-to-female ratio: 55 percent female; 45 percent male
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 19:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 32
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students at Little Flower seek to improve their community by regularly engaging in service projects. Twice a year, the school's "Pennies from Heaven" project raises money for needy children.
- What makes this community special?: Bethesda has a strong sense of community and a neighborhood feel, even though it's located so close to the nation's capital.