The Church in Bethesda
The Church in Bethesda, in the heart of the downtown area, is near the intersection of Wilson Lane and Old Georgetown Road. The sturdy stone structure, with welcoming, bright blue doors, has been a fixture in Bethesda since the mid-twentieth century. Founded as the Bethesda First Baptist Church in 1938, the congregation worshipped at a bank building before, in 1950, beginning work on the sanctuary of its current location.
The church, which is now non-denominational, provides space to other church communities, as well as to the homeless outreach group Bethesda Cares for a lunch program. It also features a nursery school.
- Fax: 301-897-5713
- Hours: Sunday service, 11am
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Denomination: Non-denominational
- Congregation size: 50
- Services: Child care, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No