The Limerick Pub is a traditional Irish pub that can be found in Wheaton's arts and entertainment district. It offers an assortment of burgers, steak, bar food, seafood, beers, appetizers and more.
Specialties include Irish Reuben sandwiches, Slow Cooked Pulled Pork, Guinness Beef Stew, and Braised Lamb Short Ribs as well as house-made Banoffee and Brown Bread Ice Cream for dessert. The draft beers include Guinness Stout, McSorley’s Black Lager, Smithwick’s Irish Ale and Kilkenny Irish Cream Ale.
The Limerick Pub features live music that includes traditional Irish music three nights a week and live jazz or Celtic harp during Sunday brunch. The pub is equipped with big screen TVs for the large events and hosts a dart league, offers happy hour and other specials.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 1am; Fri, Sat, 11am - 2 am; Sun, 10:30am - midnight
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: March 7, 2011
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.thelimerickpub.net/menus
- Specialties: House made corned beef and desserts
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Irish, Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Signature dishes: Bangers & Mash, Fish & Chips, Shepherd's Pie, Guinness Beef Stew, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Irish Reuben, Braised Lamb Short Ribs, Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Irish Reuben with house made corned beef
- Price level: $$
- Executive chef: Scott Squire
- Number of tables: 40
- Features: Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fine dining, Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual
- Cover charge: No
- Features: Happy hour, Live music, Outdoor seating, Private parties
- Bar type: Irish pub
- Bar Specialties: Beer, Cocktails, Martinis, Scotch, Vodka, Wine
- Bar Features: Big-screen TVs, Darts
- What's your specialty drink?: Pints of Guinness!
- Beer Types: Cask, Craft, Domestic, Imported, Microbrew
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Music specialties: Folk, Jazz
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: For Sunday Brunch we feature a jazz trio or Celtic harp players