Walt Whitman High School in Bethesda features an array of academic, extracurricular and athletic activities for its nearly 2,000 students. The school has been ranked among the top high schools in the country by U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek. Classes include art, business, math, music, foreign language, social studies and science. The school also caters to students with learning disabilities and special needs.
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 114
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Student's conduct outreach and service work locally, nationally and internationally.
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Yes
- Student clubs: Numerous activities are available including the student newspaper, student government, dance clubs, language and culture clubs.
- Sports teams: Whitman has a variety of sports teams including football, volleyball, soccer, golf, cross country, wrestling, swimming, lacrosse and softball.