Washington Episcopal School
The Washington Episcopal School, located along Little Falls Parkway in Bethesda, is a co-educational Episcopal school that teaches students in grades pre-Kindergarten through 8. Both community service and field work are important parts of the school's curriculum. Students take study trips to destinations across the country and the globe for hands-on learning experiences, and engage in service activities at home. Founded in 1986, the school is gearing up to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
- Fax: 301-652-7355
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 315
- Male-to-female ratio: 50 percent male; 50 percent female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Episcopal
- Acceptance rate (%): 60
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Maryland Schools; National Association of Independent Schools; Member, Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 78
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school conducts service activities including cleaning up nearby Little Falls Parkway and visiting a neighboring senior living community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: pre-Kindergarten - 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: WES offers sports activities including track, cross country, lacrosse, soccer and basketball.
- Uniforms: Yes