Washington School of Photography
The Washington School of Photography was founded in 1976. It offers photography workshops and seminars for the community, as well as a year-long professional photography program. The facility features studios, classrooms, a darkroom, a library and a gallery space. Frequent gallery nights are held to showcase the work of students and local professional photographers.
- Fax: 301-654-8228
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Number of students: 95
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: none
- Accreditation/licenses: Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 16:1
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Yearly, the school displays the work of county high school photographers during a special exhibit, and WSP also hosts gallery shows focused on social issues.